Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitar
Subject Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 12:46 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I felt the same way about it, but after glancing quickly through the code and docs nothing jumped out.  The
informationis clearly available, as it gets returned at the end of the UPDATE statement in the "UPDATE 0" OR "UPDATE
3",but I don't see how to access that from the trigger.  I might have to submit a patch for that if nobody else knows a
wayto get it.  (Hopefully somebody will respond with the answer...?)

Anyone? Any way to determine the number of affected rows in a statement trigger?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m