Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3155] Allow user to lock the Layout
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
All,

We just had a brief discussion in our EDB sprint planning meeting about this. There is a non-zero chance that we're going to have to fork wcDocker in the near future, in order to update it to work with jQuery 3. If we do that, then it may be significantly easier to fix this issue in that fork (perhaps by adding a single lockLayout(bool) function, rather than trying to do so from pgAdmin.

I think (unless Murtuza believes that won't help), that we're better off holding on this for now until we know if we've had to do that.

​I don't have any objection forking the code and adding the flag to lock the panel,  But I'm certain that
we will use the same inbuilt method panel.moveable(false) which we have used right now in the patch to prevent a panel from floating and will face the same issue again which Akshay mentioned in his last email.

Let me know if you want me to attach latest patch onto the ticket for future reference and update the ticket accordingly​.