Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Fixed an issue where the validation error message is - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Murtuza Zabuawala
Subject Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Fixed an issue where the validation error message is
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM Rahul Shirsat <rahul.shirsat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 11:18 AM Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hello,

Another observation,

+        if(msg && handler) {
+          msg = msg || _.values(handler.errorModel.attributes)[0];
+
+          handler.trigger('pgadmin-session:model:invalid', msg, handler);
+          $(parentTr).addClass('error-in-grid');
+        return this;
+      }, 120);
+    },

Here we are only making the model invalid, there is no logic to make it valid again.

 If there are multiple model errors in the list, and if user changes any of them, it used to clear every other invalid models in the list. To avoid this to happen, only invalid models are highlighted, rest others are taken care of by the child valid events running in parallel.

This is causing issues when we have a nested collection control (ie: Subnode control under Subnode control), the error model is not getting cleared in that case because we do not have logic to make it valid here in settimeout, so the save button in the parent model is not getting enabled.