Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set log - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Rowley
Subject Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set log
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 14:51, Efrain J. Berdecia <ejberdecia@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to check in the code whether the table is a parent and then allow the execution of the alter
accordingly?

Blocking ALTER TABLE ... SET [UN]LOGGED; on a partitioned table is a
trivial change. The question is, if we were to change this and back
patch then it could break user code.

> Or are you saying that any empty table we would not be able to change the unlogged state?
>
> Should the logic to alter the table just ignore whether the table is empty or not?

Not sure what the table being empty has to do with it.