Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Date
Re: Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 January 2016 at 05:36, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> OK. I've looked at the patch again today, and it seems broken bv 45be99f8 as
> the partial paths were not passing the unique_inner to the create_*_path()
> functions. The attached patch should fix that.

Thanks for looking at this again, and thanks for fixing that problem.

I've attached an updated patch which incorporates your change, and
also another 2 small tweaks that I made after making another pass over
this myself.

> Otherwise I think the patch is ready for committer - I think this is a
> valuable optimization and I see nothing wrong with the code.
>

> Any objections to marking it accordingly?

None from me. I think it's had plenty of review time over the last year.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is to apply most of the
analyzejoins.c changes as a refactor patch first. If committer wants
that, I can separate these out, but I'll hold off for a response
before doing that.

Attachment