Re: Run-time pruning for ModifyTable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Run-time pruning for ModifyTable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 17:27, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> A cursory look at the patch suggests that most of its changes will be
> for nothing if [1] materializes.  What do you think about that?

Yeah, I had this in mind when writing the patch, but kept going
anyway.  I think it's only really a small patch of this patch that
would get wiped out with that change. Just the planner.c stuff.
Everything else is still required, as far as I understand.