Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 September 2015 at 22:23, YUriy Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

Without patch we have 417523 TPS and with patch 965821 TPS for big x86 server.
All details here: https://gist.github.com/stalkerg/773a81b79a27b4d5d63f

Impressive!

I've run this on a single CPU server and don't see any speedup, so I assume I'm not getting enough contention.
As soon as our 4 socket machine is free I'll try a pgbench run with that.

Just for fun, what's the results if you use -M prepared ?

Regards

David Rowley

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/