Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 July 2018 at 18:39, Kato, Sho <kato-sho@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> postgres=# create table a(i int) partition by range(i);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# create table a_1 partition of a for values from(1) to (200);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# create table a_2 partition of a for values from(200) to (400);
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally

Hi,

Thanks for testing. I'm unable to reproduce this on beta2 or master as
of f61988d16.

Did you try make clean then building again?  The 0001 patch does
change PartitionDescData, so if you've not rebuilt all .c files which
use that then that might explain your crash.