Re: multivariate statistics (v25) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v25)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1 April 2017 at 04:25, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I've attached an updated patch.

I've made another pass at this and ended up removing the tryextstats
variable. We now only try to use extended statistics when
clauselist_selectivity() is given a valid RelOptInfo with rtekind ==
RTE_RELATION, and of course, it must also have some extended stats
defined too.

I've also cleaned up a few more comments, many of which I managed to
omit updating when I refactored how the selectivity estimates ties
into clauselist_selectivity()

I'm quite happy with all of this now, and would also be happy for
other people to take a look and comment.

As a reviewer, I'd be marking this ready for committer, but I've moved
a little way from just reviewing this now, having spent two weeks
hacking at it.

The latest patch is attached.

Attachment