Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place
Date
Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 16:02, Joe Nelson <joe@begriffs.com> wrote:
> > In general, I think it's a good idea to fix those places, but I wonder
> > if we need to change the error messages too.
>
> I'll leave that decision for the community to debate. I did, however,
> remove the newlines for the new error messages being passed to
> pg_log_error().

I'd like to put my vote not to add this complex code to each option
validation that requires an integer number. I'm not sure there
currently is a home for it, but if there was, wouldn't it be better
writing a function that takes a lower and upper bound and sets some
output param with the value and returns a bool to indicate if it's
within range or not?