Re: Change ereport level for QueuePartitionConstraintValidation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Change ereport level for QueuePartitionConstraintValidation
Date
Re: Change ereport level for QueuePartitionConstraintValidation  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 07:01, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Seems like maybe what we need is to transpose the tests at issue into
> a TAP test?  That could grep for the messages we care about and disregard
> other ones.

That seems like a good idea.   I guess that's a vote in favour of
having DEBUG1 for ATTACH PARTITION and SET NOT NULL too?

I don't know my way around the tap tests that well, but I started to
look at this and ended up a bit stuck on where the test should be
located.  I see src/test/modules/brin has some brin related tests, so
I thought that src/test/modules/alter_table might be the spot, but
after looking at src/test/README I see it mentions that only tests
that are themselves an extension should be located within:

modules/
  Extensions used only or mainly for test purposes, generally not suitable
  for installing in production databases

There are a few others in the same situation as brin; commit_ts,
snapshot_too_old, unsafe_tests.   I see unsafe_tests does mention the
lack of module in the README file.

Is there a better place to do the alter_table ones?  Or are the above
ones in there because there's no better place?

Also, if I'm not wrong, the votes so far appear to be:

NOTICE:  Robert, Amit
DEBUG1: Tom, Alvaro (I'm entirely basing this on the fact that they
mentioned possible ways to test with DEBUG1)

I'll be happy with DEBUG1 if we can get tests to test it.