Re: How to make partitioning scale better for larger numbers of partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: How to make partitioning scale better for larger numbers of partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13 July 2018 at 14:58, Kato, Sho <kato-sho@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Of course I'm sure table partitioning work well with up to a hundred
> partitions as written on the postgresql document.
>
> But, my customer will use partitioned table with 1.1k leaf partitions.
>
> So, we need to improve performance.
>
> Any ideas?

It would be really good if you could review and test my partitioning
patches in the current commitfest. These are the ones authored by me
with the word "partition" in the title.

These 4 patches don't solve all the problems, but they do make some
good gains in some areas. I've still more work to do, so the earlier I
can be finished with the 4 that are there now, the more I can focus on
the rest.