Re: Multiple LDAP Servers for ldap Authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Yen
Subject Re: Multiple LDAP Servers for ldap Authentication
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu Dec, 20, 2018 at 9:17 PM Kumar, Virendra <Virendra.Kumar@guycarp.com> wrote:
I figured it out, this is how it works:
--
host    all     all                            0.0.0.0/0              ldap ldapserver=server1.com ldapserver=server2.com ldapprefix=PROD01\

So documentation need some update.

Just FYI I tried out this method on my setup, and it did not work.  Postgres (I tried on v. 10 and v. 12) will always pick the last "ldapserver=" tag that it parses.  Avaro's format (ldapserver="server1 server2") works for me.  To be clear:

<snippet>
# does not work:
host   all         all      0.0.0.0\/0  ldap ldapserver=ldap-service1 ldapserver=ldap-service2 ldaptls=1 ldapprefix="cn=" ldapsuffix=", dc=example, dc=org\" ldapport=389

# this works:
host   all         all      0.0.0.0/0  ldap ldapserver="ldap-service1 ldap-service2" ldaptls=1 ldapprefix="cn=" ldapsuffix=", dc=example, dc=org" ldapport=389
</snippet>

For anyone who comes across this in the future, I have also compiled as short YouTube video to demonstrate the behavior of the two formats: https://youtu.be/kjlwwfHdpWg

--Richard

Regards,