Re: update without SET ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: update without SET ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@gmail.com> wrote:

Also, was just thinking that two columns with names of say: attrib and att would cause a problem if att was NOT in the JSON and attrib was in,  because: 'att' ? 'attrib' = true. I should be able to clean this up if indeed it is a problem at all. Have not tested it yet.

​Just re-ran the query I provided on the table​

​mytest with inserted record you provided above and it worked fine.  Query executed using psql.

But I have no clue what you mean by: 'att' ? 'attrib' = true; SELECT 'att' ? 'attrib' doesn't even execute and ​the existence operator only considers exact matches.

​This will work: if you get more errors you will need to supply the complete test case.

David J.

P.S. List convention is to either inline or bottom-post.