Re: Is missing LOGIN Event on Trigger Firing Matrix ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Is missing LOGIN Event on Trigger Firing Matrix ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 12:39 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
On 2024-06-27 Th 2:40 PM, Marcos Pegoraro wrote:
create event trigger ... on login is now available but it is not shown on DOCs or is it in another page ?

doesn't have it, should be there ?

It's not triggered by a statement. But see here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/event-trigger-database-login-example.html

I suggest adding a sentence and link from the main description [1] to that page.

We already do that for the ones that have commands:
"For a complete list of commands supported by the event trigger mechanism, see Section 38.2."

and login deserves something similar on that page.

David J.