Re: BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Tuesday, February 28, 2023, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It is unclear to me whether you were instead talking about other sessions
> dropping tables as another way of saying "ACCESS EXCLUSIVE" in which case
> at what lock level should this anomaly go away, and does it?

The originally-proposed tests seemed to all involve either TRUNCATE
or DROP TABLE,

The only purpose of those was to produce a self-contained script that could be run repeatedly.  The commands were outside the transaction flow demonstrating the issue.

David J.