Re: COPY statement: no list of the allowed values for "format_name" - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: COPY statement: no list of the allowed values for "format_name"
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 5:13 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
«
Selects the data format to be read or written: text, csv (Comma Separated Values), or binary. The default is text.
»

would be improved if it were spelled more explicitly:

«
Selects the data format to be read or written. The allowed values for format_name are text, csv (Comma Separated Values), or binary. The default is text.
»

Please consider making this change (and the convention that it implies for comparable cases).

While I agree it isn't something I'm going to lead the charge on.  As you are expressing strong feelings maybe you'd like to write up a patch.  Fixing only COPY would suffice even though I suspect that there are other areas that need consideration.

David J.