Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18075
Logged by:          Muhammad Ali Ansari
Email address:      maliansari.coder@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.4
Operating system:   ubuntu 22.04

I have set the idle_session_timeout variable as 60000 making it 60 seconds

    EXTRACT(MINUTE FROM (current_timestamp - state_change)) as duration

 datname  | pid | query  | usename | client_addr | client_port | state |
backend_xid | duration
 postgres | 975 | COMMIT | apiuser | ::1         |       45748 | idle  |
        |       28

As we can see, it shows that the time is way more than 1 minute now it is 28
minutes and they are still idle and still open in postgres and not
disconnected as expected.

Not sure how you got 28 minutes from 45748…which is large enough that it is probable those sessions started before you changed the timeout and so are not affected by it.

David J.