Re: BUG #15206: Can not import CSV into PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #15206: Can not import CSV into PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 4:19 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Bug reference:      15206
Logged by:          Milorad Krstevski
Email address:      miloradkrstevski@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu 18.04 LTS x64

Respected,

No matter what I try, I always get the error: ERROR: extra data after last
expected column, and can not import CSV into table in PostgreSQL.

I am using pgAdmin 4.30, Python 3.6.5, Flask 0.12.2.

Can you please point out solution to my problem please?

It is not PostgreSQL bug, so pg_general mailing list will be better.

PostgreSQL is very strict about CSV format - it looks so some line of CSV doc has more columns than target table.

​IOW, we cannot help unless you provide both the CSV file and the table definition.

David J.