Re: BUG #13841: Unable to set autocommit in psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #13841: Unable to set autocommit in psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
wrote:

> Hi,

>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      13841
>> Logged by:          ROBERT
>> Email address:      floriparob@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.5rc1
>> Operating system:   Debian stretch/sid
>>
>>> =E2=80=8B
>>>
>> timemanager=3D> set autocommit off;
>>

> Thought that I'd made a typo but entered as per doco.
>>

> There's no autocommit GUC. You probably want to use the AUTOCOMMIT
> internal variable of psql. In which case, you should do :
>
> \set AUTOCOMMIT off
>
> Definitely not a bug

=E2=80=8BThough when referencing the documentation in a report like this it=
 is
generally helpful to provide a link to said documentation so it at least
can be checked.  But indeed the behavior is client-side only and so it
makes no sense to try and control it via SQL - which is what the command
"SET" is from.=E2=80=8B

David J.