Re: pg_dump multi VALUES INSERT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pg_dump multi VALUES INSERT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 4:47 AM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
> ISTM that command-line switches with optional arguments should be avoided:
> This feature is seldom used (hmmm... 2 existing instances), because it
> interferes with argument processing if such switches are used as the last
> one.

Excellent point; though avoiding adding yet another limited-use option
seems like a fair trade-off here.  Though maybe we also need to add
the traditional "--" option as well. I'm not married to the idea
though; but its also not like mis-interpreting the final argument as
an integer instead of a database is going to be a silent error.

David J.