Re: Global tables - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Global tables
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sunday, May 26, 2024, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
With regards to system views/tables pg_stat_database, pg_stat_activity,

 pg_stat_statements[…] provide cluster wide information and not specific to database.

The first two (and databases) indeed work that way, the documentation for the pg_stat_statements extension indicate it is handled per-database.

However views such as pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_user_indexes ..etc shows db specific information.

Yes, object-specific data that resides within a database gets isolated.

So I want to know how do I identify where are all the views that shows cluster wide info or db specific?

The descriptions for each view make it clear what data they show. I’m unaware of any metadata within the system to track and query this dynamic.

David J.