Re: [GENERAL] plpgsql function with offset - Postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] plpgsql function with offset - Postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
Patrick B wrote:
> I am running a background task on my DB, which will copy data from tableA to tableB. For
> that, I'm writing a PL/PGSQL function which basically needs to do the following:

My problem is when using LIMIT to select the data I get none. I assume because the first 3000 rows (i'm using ORDER BY 1) are not candidates for the migration.

Your where clause should only allow candidates to be selected.  If it does then your theory is wrong.

David J.​