Re: Can't find the right generated column syntax - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Can't find the right generated column syntax
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Monday, November 25, 2019, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
Hi list,

I've got this table:
        date_start      timestamptz,
        date_end        temstamptz

and I'd like to auto-generate a 3rd column with a tstzrange:
        date_start      timestamptz,
        date_end        temstamptz,
        duration        tstzrange GENERATED ALWAYS AS ( ? ) STORED

but I can't find the right syntax to do so :/ (is it even possible ?)

You should provide actual SQL without typos and also show which version your are using.  Provide the error your are getting as well.

Also:

David J.