Re: [ADMIN] Foreign data wrappers for Oracle from Postgresql in RDS environment - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Foreign data wrappers for Oracle from Postgresql in RDS environment
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Garry Chen <gc92@cornell.edu> writes:
>                 I am testing a dblink connection from RDS postgresql database to a remote oracle instance but I am getting could not establish connection error.  Where did I do wrong and please help.

As somebody already explained to you, dblink only does
postgres-to-postgres connections.

What you need for this is oracle_fdw.  I do not know how well that's
maintained, but it exists
​.

​Maintenance aside I'm not sure whether its been whitelisted for use in RDS.  The OP might need to run an EC2 instance so they can install custom extensions.

David J.