Re: Possible bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Possible bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thursday, January 6, 2022, Milos Musicki <mmusicki@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello, Miles Musicki here from Michigan, US.
I think I found a bug in PG 13.4, or at least I can't find a reason why it would behave this way.

My question, as well as explanation what I did to avoid the behavior, is displayed here.

It has to do with INSERT INTO statement when using ON CONFLICT.

Thank you for the report - though we prefer that bug reports be self-contained when sent to us.

This unexpected interaction between pl/pgsql and the on conflict clause is known to us (recent thread links below).  There are presently no plans in place to make a behavioral change to this code; users are advised to use one of a number of possible work-arounds to avoid the reported ambiguity error.

David J.