Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Fix for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ownership error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

I was referring to:

 "Materialized views are a type of relation so it is not wrong, just one of many instances where we generalize to "relation" based in implementation details ins team of being explicit about which type of relation is being affected."

As being push back.

I don't have an opinion on back patching this.

I was arguing against back patching on the basis of defining this as a bug.  It's not wrong nor severe enough to warrant the side effects others have noted.

David J.