Re: BUG #14972: row duplicate on first SELECT from CTE (by JOIN/FORUPDATE) from which UPDATE performed recently - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #14972: row duplicate on first SELECT from CTE (by JOIN/FORUPDATE) from which UPDATE performed recently
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM, <dsuchka@gmail.com> wrote:

Bug reference:      14972
Logged by:          Evgeniy Kozlov
Email address:      dsuchka@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.5
Operating system:   gentoo, debian

Since ON CONFLICT does not work with partitions, I have designed an
aggregation appender by hand using UPDATE (for existed rows) + INSERT (for
new ones). Unexpectedly I got a strange result as a count of updated (really
joined) rows running that function cuncurrently on 9.5.5 and 9.5.7 (9.5.2
works correctly).
The got value exceeds the expected result by 1

​Can you run this against 9.5.10 and see if it is still a problem?  Its seems the last couple of bug fix patches covered something that sounds familiar.

David J.