Re: BUG #18324: Duplicate value when I insert values in PK column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #18324: Duplicate value when I insert values in PK column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Friday, February 2, 2024, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18324
Logged by:          Mael Villat
Email address:      mael.villat@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.1
Operating system:   Windows Server

Most of the time we don't have this issue. And the sequence is correct
(sequence = max id value). I'm sure that nobody insert manuel id.
So I believe that there is a concurrency issue in postgresql server with the
sequence when we insert a value.

Given that nearly everyone uses generated keys the lack of reports regarding this issue reduces the believability that the bug is in the server versus something related to your environment.  It also means that a test case that demonstrates the problem, required so it can be addressed, more likely than not will need to come from you.

David J.