Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:36 AM Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> wrote:

I am a bit confused here. From the previous exchange I get the feeling
that you haven't created and maintained a single extension that survived
a single version upgrade of itself or PostgreSQL (in the latter case
requiring code changes to the extension due to internal API changes
inside the PostgreSQL version).

Correct.

I have. PL/Profiler to be explicit.

Can you please elaborate what experience your opinion is based on?

I am an application developer who operates on the principle of "change only one thing at a time".

David J.