Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/15/21 12:25 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I would say that it probably should be "--upgrade-extension=aaa
> --upgrade_extension=bbb" though if we are going to the effort to offer
> something.

I am a bit confused here. From the previous exchange I get the feeling
that you haven't created and maintained a single extension that survived
a single version upgrade of itself or PostgreSQL (in the latter case
requiring code changes to the extension due to internal API changes
inside the PostgreSQL version).

I have. PL/Profiler to be explicit.

Can you please elaborate what experience your opinion is based on?

Regards, Jan

--
Jan Wieck