Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 6:16 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> I am a bit torn between "\dcp" (or \dsetting / \dconfig? we don't
> necessarily need for it to be super short) and "\sc". Certainly with
> pattern matching the interface for the "\d" commands would fit that
> pattern. "\sc" would make sense for a thorough introspection of what is
> in the GUC. That said, we get that with SHOW today.

> So I'm leaning towards something in the "\d" family.

I agree that \d-something makes the most sense from a functionality
standpoint.  But I don't want to make the name too long, even if we
do have tab completion to help.

\dconf maybe?

I don't have a strong preference, but just tossing it out there; maybe embrace the novelty of GUC?

\dguc

David J.