Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 6:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> What if this long output will be available only for \du+, and for \du
> just show distinct (without duplicates)
> roles in the current array format? For those, who don't care about these
> new membership options, nothing will change.
> Those, who need details will use the + modifier.
> ?

I kind of like that.  Would we change to newlines in the Attributes
field in both \du and \du+?  (I'm +1 for that, but maybe others aren't.)

If we don't change the \du "Member of" column display (aside from removing duplicates) I'm disinclined to change the Attributes column.

I too am partial to only exposing this detail on the extended (+) display.

David J.