Re: planner bug regarding lateral and subquery? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: planner bug regarding lateral and subquery?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, Tatsuro Yamada <yamada.tatsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I found a bug, maybe.
If it is able to get an explain command result from below query successfully,
I think that it means the query is executable.

There is a difference between executable, compilable, and able to execute to completion, runtime, on specific data.  You've proven the former but as the error indicates specific data causes the complete execution of the query to fail.

I can write "select cola / colb from tbl" and as long as there are no zeros in colb the query will complete, but if there is you get a divide by zero runtime error.  This is similar.

David J.