Re: Converting to UTC multiple times converts back to local time zone - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Converting to UTC multiple times converts back to local time zone
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Gary Bernhardt <gary.bernhardt@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, at 5:20 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> I'll agree that this was a surprising finding for me too, but in the overall scheme of how PostgreSQL works, and other features it provides (e.g., TimeZone GUC and to_char()) it fits.

Thanks, David. I find this behavior quite off-putting, but I'm happy to take your word that it's intended and consistent with other features.

Care to be more specific?  You didn't really provide an example that gives others insight into why you would use "AT TIME ZONE" twice in the same expression.

David J.