Re: plpgsql multidimensional array assignment results in array of text instead of subarrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: plpgsql multidimensional array assignment results in array of text instead of subarrays
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Michael Rasmussen <michaelr@porch.com> writes:
> I am trying to iterate through a multidimensional array using a foreach loop, as exampled in the documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-FOREACH-ARRAY.

create type textarray as (t text[]);

​or a more semantically meaning one...the use of the inner array is arguably a hack here meant to avoid the overhead and new type creation by assigning meaning to array slots.

​i.e.,​

create type table_with_schema (name text, schema text);

I would likewise attempt to do away with the outer array as well if the overall structure of the example follows reality closely enough.

​David J.