Re: BUG #14187: Function is running correct but not showing output - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #14187: Function is running correct but not showing output
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:07 AM, <zzia88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14187
> Logged by:          Zubair Alam
> Email address:      zzia88@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5.3
> Operating system:   windows7-x64(64 bit)
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION FactTest(IN v1 integer,OUT FACT integer)
> RETURNS integer AS
> $BODY$
>         DECLARE
>                 FACT INTEGER:=3D1;
>         BEGIN
>                 FOR MyiNDEX IN REVERSE 1..FACT  LOOP
>                 FACT:=3DFACT*MyINDEX;
>                 END LOOP;
>         END;
> $BODY$
> LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>

> This function is running correct but not showing output
>
> i am running this program on local host
>  Please run this code on your system correct the bug, then send me report
> of
> this program and give me instructions how i have to solve this issue.

=E2=80=8BThis is a list for reporting bugs in the basic operation of Postgr=
eSQL -
not user errors.  pgsql-general is the correct place for the later.

Tom already gave you many pieces of advice on this function on a separate
thread.  The documentation provides the answer to (I think) the remaining
item.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#=
PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

""=E2=80=8B"
=E2=80=8BIf you declared the function with output parameters, write just RE=
TURN
with no expression. The current values of the output parameter variables
will be returned.
"""

=E2=80=8BDavid J.