Re: Get table catalog from pg_indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Get table catalog from pg_indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 11:42 AM Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> wrote:

It doesn't say anything about "current" DB - only the DB.

Yes, but you must be connected to some database in order to execute this command: "the database" refers to this database you are connected to.

The catalogs are not information_schema.

However, I think I can try "SELECT 1 FROM <catalog>.pg_indexes...".
Will this work?

What is that even supposed to mean?  It also seems simple enough to just do that asking "will this work" is a waste of time.  Just try it.

David J.