Re: [GENERAL] Custom type column index - Postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Custom type column index - Postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Lucas Possamai <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a custom data type column... The query I'm using its looking over 9 million rows.

I've created a BTREE index but it didn't help on the speed. Is there any special index for custom types?

I'm also looking for this. I tried to create GIN indexes but it didn't work well... Also Btree, not good speed.

​Others may be able to do without but I am sure anyone wishing to comment here would find a self-contained example to be of benefit.  If only to know exactly what your custom type looks like.

David J.