PGSQL bug - "Column ??? is an identity column defined as GENERATED ALWAYS.", - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject PGSQL bug - "Column ??? is an identity column defined as GENERATED ALWAYS.",
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, August 18, 2021, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 18.08.21 17:06, Petr Hybler wrote:
|CREATE TABLE sample_table ( id int8 NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY, name varchar(255) NOT NULL, description text NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT sample_table_pk PRIMARY KEY (id) );|

When I try to insert a single value, it works OK:

|INSERT INTO sample_table (id, name, description) VALUES (DEFAULT, 'John Doe', 'Test description');|

However, when inserting multiple values, it fails:

|INSERT INTO sample_table (id, name, description) VALUES (DEFAULT, 'John Doe', 'Test description') , (DEFAULT, 'Jane Eod', 'Not working');|

This has been fixed in PostgreSQL 14.

The OP is reporting a regression, saying it is fixed in v14 isn’t a useful response.  Is it also fixed in v11.14?

David J.