Re: How can I insert the image as a blob in the table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How can I insert the image as a blob in the table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, ALL,
I have an image on my hard drive and I'd like to store it in the BLOB
column of the images table.

Is there a simple SQL to do that in PostgreSQL?

SQL proper has no concept of "your hard drive".  You need to define what you plan to use as an in between layer that can produce SQL AND see "your hard drive" (i.e., what database client).  Also, BLOB isn't an actual thing in PostgreSQL proper (though generic client APIs may use that term), so I presume you mean to store the contents in a "bytea" typed column.  You could also convert the binary to a encoded text compatible type (e.g., base64) and use a text field instead.

If you can decide on what client interface you want to use there should be existing resources on the web walking through how to do this using that client interface.

David J.