Re: Receivgin error while altering the table column datatype - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Receivgin error while altering the table column datatype
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 5:08 AM Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com> wrote:
Reason:
SQL Error [0A000]: ERROR: cannot alter type of a column used in a trigger definition
  Detail: trigger extensiontrigger on table tele depends on column "phonenumber"

Do I need to drop the trigger and alter the table column to modify the datatype of the columns. Am I correct?

Seems like a reasonable course of action, and simple enough to just experiment with on a test relation.
or is there any other way to resolve it.

Doubtful

David J.