Re: pgsql-function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pgsql-function
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Rishi Ranjan <rishiranjan706@gmail.com> wrote:

That will be in this format only. We thinked for normalization part but we got clearance that data will be in this format and have to do processing

​So write a query that uses the lag() window function to create an inline view having one record per entry with two timestamp fields, both of which are non-null.  Then calculate using that inline view.  I suggest you use a CTE (WITH clause) for the inline view.

The documentation is quite good for window function, CTE (and the related select statements) and "inserting to another table".  If you try and get stumped I'll be happy to post specific suggestions but if you want an answer handed to you you will need to wait for someone else to reply.

David J.​