Re: [GENERAL] Simple Query not using Primary Key Index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Simple Query not using Primary Key Index
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Podrigal, Aron <aronp@guaranteedplus.com> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed when I do a simple SELECT id FROM mytable WHERE id = 'cb81d070-4213-465f-b32e-b8db43b83a25'::UUID  Postgres does not use the primary key index and opts for a Seq Scan.

I of course did VACUUM ANALYZE and I have reset statistics But no sign. Is there any particular thing I should be looking at?

​Can you prove that "mytable.id" is of type "uuid" and not "text"?

As asked, how big is mytable?

These are readily answered if you show the explain analyze results.

David J.​