Re: Setting the Field Separator in PSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Setting the Field Separator in PSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Osborn, Marty <marty.osborn@rsa.com> wrote:

I need to change the field separator to a tab in an input SQL file.

I’ve tried every combination of tab, ‘\t’, “\t”, --field-separator=’\t’, etc, etc.

Should it be in the command line or in the SQL file?

Any help?

​More context would helpful but keep in mind that within SQL the expression:

'\t'  is a literal back-slash and a literal "t"

E'\t' is escaped to mean <tab>​

Dealing with the shell complicates the issue so if you can avoid it I suggest that do avoid it.

David J.