Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, May 15, 2018, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

AFAICS, Daniel's just reacting to the basic idea of a header line.
I agree that by itself that's not worth much.  However, if we added
your proposed option to insist that the column names match during COPY
IN, I think that that could have some value.

I'm fine for adding it without the added matching behavior, though turning the boolean into an enum is appealing.

HEADER { true | false | match }

Though we'd need to accept all variants of Boolean for compatability...

I'm of the opinion that text and csv should be the same excepting their defaults for some of the options.

David J.