Re: High-end PG database configuration help - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: High-end PG database configuration help
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Gupta, Amar Nath <angupta@corbus.com> wrote:

I would appreciate, if anyone provide me some guidance

​Configuration is not strictly a function of hardware...

Having a working feedback loop is more important that getting the initial values perfect.​

There are many email threads, blog posts, books, and open source software tools that can aid in this exercise.  I'd suggest searching for some of those while waiting for people to donate their time here.  If you get impatient while waiting I'd recommend you consider professional services companies or individuals.

Dave