Re: PG_Dump Mixed case table names - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: PG_Dump Mixed case table names
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Doug Kneupper <kneupper@hal-pc.org> wrote:

> I have looked on the internet for a solution to this.  I have found a few=
.
> None of them worked.
> I'm using Windows7 and any combination of quotes (both single and double)
> do not work.  I have also tried with the slash, that does not work either=
.
> I'm using 1.20 from the Pgadmin III download.

=E2=80=8BYou need to provide more detail - specifically, what it is you are=
 doing.

Names, when quoted, always use double-quotes.  For simple names the quotes
are optional but if omitted then the provided value is case-folded to lower
case.  Thus:  ColumnName =3D> columnname.

In order to use special characters (spaces, symbols, leading digit) you
must use double-quotes.

When using double-quotes the case of the supplied value is preserved.
 "ColumnName" =3D> "ColumnName"=E2=80=8B

The quotes are not part of the identifier but are only used during
parsing.  Thus:

=E2=80=8BColumnName and "columnname"=E2=80=8B represent the same name.

David J.