Re: BUG #14408: Schema not found error when 2 or more indices declared on temporary table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #14408: Schema not found error when 2 or more indices declared on temporary table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM, <vcolborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14408
> Logged by:          Victor Colborn
> Email address:      vcolborn@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
> Operating system:   (Red Hat 4.4.7-16), 64-bit
>
> I'm finding that this rather simple postgresql 9.6.1 function
> =E2=80=8B[...]
>

> is resulting in a schema "" does not exist error. The exact error is:
>
> =E2=80=8B[...]
>

> and occurs reliably on the second and subsequent executions. Cut/Pasting
> the
> above SQL chunk reproduces the error...for me. Quite interested if that's
> not the case elsewhere. I have the following clues:
>
> =E2=80=8B[...]=E2=80=8B

> It indicates the name of the not found schema to be "" or "0MA{Start of
> Text} " or some similar variant with non-visible character values.

=E2=80=8BMy gut reaction here is to type, by hand, the CREATE FUNCTION code=
 into a
newly created text file and send it through psql.  Your comment about
copy/paste and "non-visible characters" leads me to suspect that whatever
source you are copying from has been "poisoned" by a control character=E2=
=80=8B
that you can't see and that is causing a problem.

David J.