Re: Doubt about query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Doubt about query
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Bianca Stephani <bianca.stephani@gmail.com> wrote:
HI everyone.

I have a table with X columns. And I want to make a select of 5 of the X columns in a way that i get all the 5 columns values only in one column (like i call everyone "AS bla" and as result, bla is an array of that columns), but if i use 5 selects with UNION ALL i just get [{bla => 3}, {bla => 3}, {bla => 1}, {bla => 5}, {bla => 2} ...] even with a GROUP BY. And besides that, using "as bla" is turning my results (3, 1, 5, 2) into strings.

What is the best way to collect the value of multiple integer columns as one? :|

​Do you have a particular output column type you'd like the data to be in?​

​SELECT ARRAY[col1, col2, col3, col4, col5]::integer[] FROM tbl

David J.